Hua Lu's Research Students
To prospective students
If you're interested in working with me as a PhD student or a visiting student in PLIS, you're welcome to contact me via email. I will be happy to help you apply for tuition waiver from our university and financial support from Danish foundations and/or other agencies like China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- Harry Kai-Ho Chan (RUC, 2020 - ).
Visiting Research Students
- Xiao Li (RUC, 2020 - ). Topic: Indoor Location Uncertainty.
- Tiantian Liu (AAU, 2019 - ). Topic: Queries for Indoor LBS.
- Jinling Jiang (AAU, graduated). Topic: Improving Marketing Intelligence Using Online User-Generated Contents.
- Current employment: MiningLamp
- Asif Iqbal Baba (AAU, graduated). Topic: Indoor RFID Data Cleansing. (Main supervisor, co-supervised by Torben Bach Pedersen)
- First employment: Tuskegee University, USA
- Tanvir Ahmed (AAU, graduated). Topic: Analytics on Indoor Moving Objects: A study on RFID based Airport Baggage Handling System. (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Torben Bach Pedersen)
- First employment: RadioAnalyzer, Denmark
- Sari Haj Hussein (AAU, January 2012 to March 2013, quit). Topic: Continuous Queries on Indoor RFID Data. (Main supervisor, co-supervised by Torben Bach Pedersen)
Master Thesis Students
- Yijie Xie (Bachelor student from Hong Kong Baptist University, June 2019). Topic: Indoor Keyword Search.
- Ronghao Ni (Bachelor student from Hong Kong Baptist University, June 2019). Topic: Indoor Keyword Search.
- Zijin Feng (Bachelor student from Hong Kong Baptist University, June to July 2018). Topic: Indoor Local Search.
- Haixin Wang (Bachelor student from Hong Kong Baptist University, June to July 2018). Topic: Learned Database Indexes.
- Pengfei Li (Bachelor student from Zhejiang University, December 2015 to May 2016). Topic: Social Data Management.
- Jinpeng Chen (PhD student from Beihang University, September 2014 to August 2015). Topic: Spatial Keyword Search Evaluation. (Co-supervision with Christian S. Jensen)
- Huan Li (PhD student from Zhejiang University, September 2014 to January 2015). Topic: Query Processing for Indoor Spaces.
- Ivan Nikolaev Serafimov, Adnan Khan (RUC): Dwell time modeling of vessels at Aarhus port using AIS data, E20.
- Magnus Larsen (RUC): Investigating the benefits of moving preprocessing steps in a Deep Learning-based DeepFake detection pipeline from a server to a client, E20.
- Mikkel Pedersen (RUC): Towards Hierarchical Parameter Adjustment Within Deep Learning, F20. (Co-supervision with Henning Christiansen)
- Casper A. Jørgensen, Mert Ince (RUC): Recognizing Emotions from Facial Expressions with Deep Learning, F20. (Co-supervision with Henning Christiansen)
- Mark Holst, Jesper Hedegaard (AAU): Adaptive Learned Index, 2019.
- Rasmus Vraa Bilgram, Per Hedegaard Nielsen (AAU): Cost Models for Learned Index with Insertions, 2019.
- Martin Folmer, Theevaahar Karunanithi, Raphael Neumann (AAU): A Learned Bucket Index Supporting Spatial Queries, 2019.
- Spardha Jaiswal (AAU): Indoor Location-based Recommender System, 2018.
- Aiste Pilvinyte (AAU): Middleware-free Approach for Indoor Space Shortest Path Queries, 2013.
- Mikkel Svendstrup Boysen, Christian de Haas (AAU): Data Management for Indoor Navigation, 2013.
- Kasper Mullesgaard, Jens Laurits Pedersen (AAU): Skyline Query Processing in MapReduce, 2013.
- Artur Baniukevic, Douydas Sabonis (AAU): Hybrid Indoor Positioning: An Empirical Study in Cassiopeia, 2010.
- Jonas T. Hansen, Stig Jøgensen (AAU): A Real-Time Data Warehouse Solution for Analysis on Indoor Tracking Data, 2009.
- Lasse Soelberg, Peter G. Poulsen (AAU): A Mobile Solution for the Home Care Sector in Herning Municipality, 2009.
Last updated: April 2021